Acronyms and abbreviations that it will NOT accept or consider.
There are no exceptions to the above policy so don't waste your time (or the editors) trying!
- Any acronym or abbreviation that would point perspective buyers to an individuals listings for the sole purpose of making it easier to find their listings, i.e. those that would serve as a 'tag' or 'search manipulation'. This includes, but not limited to, the initials of a seller or initials of a sellers 'store' name. The only exception to this policy is groups of self-representing artists (SRAs), see below for more information on the requirements.
- Those that are obviously made up. If the editor(s) can't verify your submissions using web search tools or through documentation you provide, it may not be included in this database.
- Those that contain profanity.
- Those that contain hate speech.
- Those that contain sexually explicit material.
- Those that are used by a single seller. This site is NOT a repository for individual sellers, use your 'About Me' or 'About Seller' page for that.
- Those that are 'suggested' as new ones, i.e. no 'coining'.
- Those that are associated with prohibited or restricted items.
- Those that would defame or otherwise infringe upon the trademarks/service marks of others.
- Unless the editor(s) can find one in wide use, negative feedback acronyms and abbreviations will be rejected.
Acronyms and abbreviations that it WILL accept or consider.
- Model names.
- Brand names.
- Product codes and prefix codes.
- Product manufacturers.
- Company etymologies (name origins).
- Ones commonly used AND accepted by collectors, like coin and stamp collecting AND used in a listing.
- Groups of self-representing artists (SRAs).
- Charter with the auction site must be verifiable.
- 10 or more members required.
- Group activity is monitored. Any group found to be inactive for more than a month will be deleted.
Emails. The editor(s) uses advanced search tools to help verify the accuracy of your submissions. If you know your submissions isn't likely to be found anywhere on the web, please provide your email address and/or give a brief explanation about the submissions or give a URL/link to a page showing your submission in use. If the editor(s) has trouble verifying your submissions they may email you about your submissions.
AuctionSlanguage reserves the right to reject submissions it deems inappropriate for the site.
Acronym/Abbreviation length limit. Please do not submit acronyms or abbreviations that are more than 15 characters long as they will not fit into the database.
Descriptive comments. Please fill free to provide descriptive comments or explainations with your submissions.
FSB = Full Split Bands (a Mercury dime where the horizontal bands of the fasces device on the reverse side are fully separated)
Links. If your submissions have an appropriate link or are an acronym/abbreviation of a manufacturer, please provide the link.
Trademarks/Service marks/Brand names. Since an acronym/abbreviation/initialism can have multiple meanings, it itself cannot be Trademarked (™) or Registered (®). However, Auctionslanguage does try to respect the trademarks, service marks, and brand names of others by placing an ™ or ® symbol with a meaning/translation when it finds such a claim has been made or is notified of a claim. If your submissions require such a symbol please indicate so by placing the word 'TRADEMARK' or 'REGISTERED' beside the submission.